Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice To help Make The Decking Installation Easier
Before installing your Assured Composite® decking and accessories please take time to read our simple tips and advice which will not only save you time, but also save you money.
Always Have Safety In Mind When Installing Composite Decking
- Use a minimum of 2 people to make the decking project easier.
- Plan all areas and think about what is trying to be achieved with the composite decking.
- Measure twice to ensure the correct measurements are taken before cutting any material.
- Ensure all working areas are clear and free from any obstacles to avoid damage or injury.
- Clear all vegetation where necessary to avoid unnecessary growth.
- Allow a 1% – 1.5% decline on concrete bases and subframes, running away from a property to avoid water build up.
- Pre-drill holes where necessary to avoid splitting materials.
- Only leave a maximum 20mm deck board overhang.
- Double joist where deck boards meet for support.
- Use supporting braces for more strength.
- Allow expansion gaps where advised to avoid unnecessary repairs.
- Allow a minimum 35mm space under deck boards for ventilation.
- Use Assured Fasteners and Fixings with Assured Composite® decking.
- Refer to the manufacturers user manual before using tools if unsure.
- Always wear safety equipment.
- Always have safety in mind.
Why Choose Composite?
We are the UK's leading supplier of cost effective high quality composite decking, composite cladding and composite fencing for residential and commercial projects. Our products are made to the highest possible standard and go through rigorous and in depth testing phases before, during and after manufacture. Our forward thinking experienced team deliver efficiency, quality and the best customer care at all times providing customers a hassle free end to end solution when purchasing our products.
Get in touch today to discuss your next project.
10 Year Commercial Warranty
25 Year Residential Warranty