Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice To help Make The Installation Process Easier
Before installing your Assured Composite decking and accessories please take time to read our some simple tips and advice which will not only save you time, but also save you money.
• Use a minimum of 2 people to make the project easier.
• Plan all areas and think about what is trying to be achieved.
• Measure twice to ensure the correct measurements are taken before cutting any material.
• Ensure all working areas are clear and free from any obstacles to avoid damage or injury.
• Clear all vegetation where necessary to avoid unnecessary growth.
• Allow a 1% - 1.5% decline on concrete bases and subframes, running away from a property to avoid water build up.
• Pre-drill holes where necessary to avoid splitting materials.
• Only leave a maximum 20mm deck board overhang.
• Double joist where deck boards meet for support.
• Use supporting braces for more strength.
• Allow expansion gaps where advised to avoid unnecessary repairs.
• Allow a minimum 35mm space under deck boards for ventilation.
• Use Assured Fasteners and Fixings with Assured products.
• Refer to manufacturers user manual before using tools if unsure.
• Always wear safety equipment.
• Always have safety in mind.