Handling & Storage
Looking After Your Assured Composite Decking
When handling and storing Assured Composite products follow the advice of our experts, this helps prevent damage and injury before installation.
• When moving any Assured Composite product please ensure the correct safety equipment is worn.
• Check that the area where the products are being placed is clear and free from any obstacles.
• Ensure the ground is a flat hard surface and place wooden patterns every 450mm approx intervals to support deck boards and joists above the ground.
• We advise that 2 people move deck boards and joists. This is down to the weight and length.
• Do not drag or slide any deck boards or joists especially when laying on top of one another.
• Allow 24 hours for products to get used to the environment before installation.
• Any deck boards or joists stored for a long period of time inside or out will need covering.