Handling & Storage
Looking After Assured Composite Decking & Accessories
When handling and storing Assured Composite decking and accessories please follow the advice of our experts, this helps prevent damage and injury before installation.
Avoid Any Unnecessary Damages To The Decking Before Installation
• When moving any Assured Composite decking and accessories please ensure the correct safety equipment is worn.
• Check that the area where the decking and accessories are being placed is clear and free from any obstacles.
• Ensure the ground is a flat hard surface. Place wooden or composite battens every 450mm approx intervals to support deck boards and joists above the ground.
• Due to the weight and length of composite decking and joists we advise that 2 people move them.
• Do not drag or slide any deck boards or joists especially when laying on top of one another.
• Allow 24 hours for composite decking and accessories to get used to the environment before installation.
• Any composite decking or accessories stored for long periods of time inside or out will need covering.