Handling & Storage
Looking After Assured Composite® Decking & Accessories
When handling and storing Assured Composite® decking and accessories please follow the advice of our experts, this helps prevent damage and injury before installation.
Avoid Any Unnecessary Damages To The Decking Before Installation
• When moving any Assured Composite® decking and accessories please ensure the correct safety equipment is worn.
• Check that the area where the decking and accessories are being placed is clear and free from any obstacles.
• Ensure the ground is a flat hard surface. Place wooden or composite battens every 450mm approx intervals to support deck boards and joists above the ground.
• Due to the weight and length of composite decking and joists we advise that 2 people move them.
• Do not drag or slide any deck boards or joists especially when laying on top of one another.
• Allow 24 hours for composite decking and accessories to get used to the environment before installation.
• Any composite decking or accessories stored for long periods of time inside or out will need covering.
Tips & Advice
Recommended Tools & Safety Equipment
Installing Assured Adjustable Pedestal Supports & Joists
Installing Assured Hollow Composite Joists
Installing Timber & Plastic Joists & Posts
Installing Box Framed Steps
Installing Stringer Steps
Installing Assured Composite® Decking Using Metal Clips
Installing Assured Composite® Decking Using Plastic Clips
Installing Assured Composite® Bullnose Edge Board Steps
Installing Assured Composite® Decking Board Steps
Installing Assured Composite® Fascia
Installing Assured Composite® Corner Trim