Handling & Storage
Looking After Assured Composite Cladding & Accessories
When handling and storing Assured Composite ® cladding and accessories please follow the advice of our experts, this helps prevent damage and injury before installation.
Avoid Any Unnecessary Damages To The Cladding Before Installation
- When moving any Assured Composite ® cladding and accessories please ensure the correct safety equipment is worn.
- Check that the area where the cladding and accessories are being placed is clear and free from any obstacles.
- Ensure the ground is a flat hard surface. Place wooden or composite battens every 450mm approx intervals to support cladding boards and battens above the ground.
- Due to the weight and length of composite cladding and battens we advise that 2 people move them.
- Do not drag or slide any cladding boards or battens especially when laying on top of one another.
- Allow 24 hours for composite cladding and accessories to get used to the environment before installation.
- Any composite cladding or accessories stored for a long period of time inside or out will need covering.