Tips & Advice
To help Make The Installation Process Easier
Before installing your Assured Composite cladding and accessories please take time to read our some simple tips and advice which will not only save you time, but also save you money.
- Use a minimum of 2 people to make the project easier.
- Plan all areas and think about what is trying to be achieved.
- Measure twice to ensure the correct measurements are taken before cutting any material.
- Ensure all working areas are clear and free from any obstacles to avoid damage or injury.
- Pre-drill holes where necessary to avoid splitting materials.
- Ensure starter clips are 20mm from your cladding starting point.
- Ensure starter clips are level to support the weight of the cladding boards.
- Double batten where cladding boards meet for support.
- Fix supporting blocks to battens to support cut cladding boards where required.
- Use a membrane where required.
- Allow expansion gaps where advised to avoid unnecessary repairs.
- Only leave a maximum 20mm cladding board overhang.
- Use Assured Fasteners and Fixings with Assured products.
- Refer to manufacturers user manual before using tools if unsure.
- Always wear safety equipment.
- Always have safety in mind.