Installing Assured Composite Battens
Installing Assured Composite Battens To Your Wall
We advise using composite battens when installing Assured Composite Cladding even though there are various other options that can be used - steel, aluminium, plastic or timber.
- Ensure the wall is solid and flat and the area is clear and free from any obstacles including cables and pipes.
- Measure and cut battens where required.
- Fix battens into position leaving 300mm max intervals between each batten centre to centre. Leave 10mm expansion gaps from the ground and roof and at batten butt joins.
- Fix battens into place with expansion screws by drilling holes through the middle groove of each batten and into the wall. Start at 80mm approx then at 500mm approx intervals.
- Double batten where cladding boards meet at butt joins allowing a 3mm gap between battens.