Handling & Storage
Looking After Assured Composite Cladding & Accessories
When handling and storing Assured Composite cladding and accessories please follow the advice of our experts, this helps prevent damage and injury before installation.
Avoid Any Unnecessary Damages To The Cladding Before Installation
- When moving any Assured Composite cladding and accessories please ensure the correct safety equipment is worn.
- Check that the area where the cladding and accessories are being placed is clear and free from any obstacles.
- Ensure the ground is a flat hard surface. Place wooden or composite battens every 450mm approx intervals to support cladding boards and battens above the ground.
- Due to the weight and length of composite cladding and battens we advise that 2 people move them.
- Do not drag or slide any cladding boards or battens especially when laying on top of one another.
- Allow 24 hours for composite cladding and accessories to get used to the environment before installation.
- Any composite cladding or accessories stored for a long period of time inside or out will need covering